The City of Hammond, Indiana, provides equal access to efficient, high-quality, professional services. As a municipal corporation, we are committed to maintaining a team of dedicated, well-trained employees who are responsive to the needs of our residents, businesses, and visitors. We promote a spirit of cooperation that allows people in our community an opportunity to participate, prosper and grow.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Hiring will be done in accordance with ordinance number 8620.
Personnel Department Functions:
- Accepts Applications for Employment
- Maintains Personnel Files for City Employees
- Handles Internal and External Hiring Procedures
- Employment Verifications
- Employment Basic Skills Testing
- Handles Personnel Policy Questions
- Administers the city’s Affirmative Action policy
- Annual EEO and OSHA reporting
Current Job Openings
- Job Posting: Jean Shepherd Center/Dowling Park Manager
- Job Posting: Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst
Completed applications should be returned to the Personnel office at:
Hammond City Hall
5925 Calumet Avenue
Hammond, IN 46320
Share this Page