City of Hammond and ‘Ring’ Invite Residents to Launch Event for Reduced Cost Home Security Program
Initiative aims to increase safety in neighborhoods by investing in affordable and effective smart home security for residents
Mayor Thomas M. McDermott, Jr. and the City of Hammond today announced its partnership with Ring and details for the upcoming launch of a joint program that will provide discounts for Hammond residents who wish to purchase select home security devices. With funds approved by the City of Hammond along with matching funds from Ring, the $37,500 discounted home security program will enable 500 verified Hammond residents to receive a $125 discount code to use towards the purchase of select Ring security devices. The program will kick off with a launch event on April 24, 2019 at 6 p.m. at the Hammond Civic Center where eligible residents may attend in-person and participate in the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHAT: Ring Home Security Program Launch Event
WHEN: April 24, 2019 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
WHERE: Hammond Civic Center, 5825 Sohl Avenue Hammond
WHO: Representatives from Ring & Hammond invite local residents to join them for a launch event for the new program with opportunities to;
- Register for the program (registrants must be a Hammond homeowner with a valid form of ID & copy of a utility bill).
- Learn more about Ring security devices, ask questions & purchase products on-site.
- Purchase eligible devices and select accessories on-site.
Residents are encouraged to review full program details included below and refer to eligible product details, FAQs and other information available on Ring’s website prior to attending the launch event.
Residents will not have the option to RSVP in advance and are encouraged to arrive early and be prepared via the instructions below.
For questions about the Ring subsidy program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Program
The program will incentivize the purchase of Ring Video Doorbells and Ring security devices that connect to a user’s mobile device via the free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the device’s motion sensor is activated or if someone rings their Doorbell; they can also choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to save their Ring recordings to view or share them at a later time.
Hammond Program Details and How to Participate
- The discounted home security program will open to homeowners who attend the kick-off event with proper documentation on April 24, 2019 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Homeowners must attend the kick-off event in person and provide a valid form of Government ID and a copy of a utility bill in order to verify residency and receive their discount info on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Discounts will be provided to confirmed homeowners and applied by a Ring team member at checkout towards the purchase of eligible Ring products at the event. Only credit card purchases will be accepted, no cash or checks.
- Hammond residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices with $125.00 off the retail price:
- Video Doorbell 2
- Video Doorbell Pro
- Spotlight Cam Solar
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam
- Stick-Up Cam Battery
- Stick-Up Cam Wired
- Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
- Ring is also offering $30 off additional security devices with a maximum of two (2) per household, and 20% off accessories. Visit Ring’s website for product descriptions and specifications.
- Residents will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring service. For more information about Ring’s products, please visit Ring.com/products.
- If the discounted home security program does not sell out during the kick-off event, Hammond will post an application form to their website allowing other residents to participate until the program funding limit has been reached.
- Eligible residents will be sent a set of codes redeemable only on Ring.com at 3pm PT daily Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
“We are thrilled to partner with Ring for this exciting program that will help homeowners purchase a state-of-the-art security system for their homes. This, along with the Neighbors App, will help reduce crime and increase security in our neighborhoods. Ring has been a phenomenal partner and agreed to travel to Hammond with their team to make this event happen. We are looking forward to welcoming them to our city next week,” said Mayor McDermott.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.