Dear League President/Team Manager:
On behalf of the City of Hammond, I am excited to announce and invite your baseball team(s) to what has become one of the premier summer invitational tournament in the region. From June 1st – 3rd, the fourth annual Hammond Invitational Tournament (HIT) will take place throughout Hammond. Over the last several years, my administration has invested millions of dollars on upgrading the youth sports facilities around the city. We are excited to host this tournament and have you and your team(s) visit and compete at our sports complexes.
The tournament will be comprised of three divisions: 10U; 11U; and 12U. These teams will compete in pool play and then a single elimination finals bracket. The finals bracket will be determined by pool play.
Hammond is proud to be able to have the first class facilities to host this tournament this year and in the years to come as we hope to grow it from a regional to a Midwest tournament. The amenities in and around the ballparks will ensure that there are fun things to do both at the games as well as before and after for your players’ entire family.
Here are some of the details:
- When: Friday June 1st through Sunday, June 3, 2018
- Pool Play games will begin Friday evening and conclude on Saturday
- Bracket Play Single Elimination starts Saturday after pool play concludes and finishes Sunday
- Where: Dowling Sports Complex, Hammond Optimist Park, and Hessville Little League (Caldwell Youth Sports Complex).
- The championship games will be played at the brand new Dowling Park Complex on the turf field.
- Cost is $350 per team.
- Engraved HIT championship bat and trophy bats for each player on the championship team.
Below you will find a team registration form, preliminary roster form, tournament rules, maps to the facilities, and photographs of the facilities. Based on the feedback we have received already we anticipate this tournament filling up very quickly and therefore look forward to hearing back from you in the near future. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our HIT coordinator Sharon Daniels at 853-6501. I look forward to seeing you at HIT on opening night, Friday, June 1st!
Very Truly Yours,
Thomas M. McDermott, Jr.