The Plan Commission (made up of nine members) has the primary responsibility to administer the implementation of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Plan Commission makes recommendations to the City Council regarding petitions for rezoning. The Plan Commission has final authority on the approval of subdivisions. The Plan Commission also reviews amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the establishment of Redevelopment Districts.
- One member appointed by the Common Council from its membership.
- One member appointed by the Board of Park Commissioners from its membership.
- One member or designated representative appointed by the Board of Public Works and Safety.
- The City Engineer or a qualified assistant appointed by the City Engineer.
- Five citizen members, appointed by the Mayor; no more than three(3) citizen members may be from the same political party, one citizen member shall be a member of the Board of Zoning Appeals.
Plan Commission Members
|Mike Dye||Citizen Member||Expires: 01/02/23|
|William P. Hutton||Citizen Member, Vice-President, PC Appointment to BZA||Expires: 01/05/26|
|Dean Button||City Engineer, President||Member by Position|
|Daniel Spitale||Common Council Representative||Annual Term|
|Marcus Taylor||Board of Park Commissioners Representative||Annual Term|
|Sharon Szany||Board of Public Works and Safety Representative||Expires: 01/08/24|
|Roger Brock||Citizen Member, BZA Appointment to PC||Expires: 01/05/26|
|Tom Kazmierczak||Citizen Member||Expires: 01/06/25|
|Anne Herbert||Citizen Member||Expires: 01/08/24|
Plan Commission meetings are streamed live at www.gohammond.tv.
Last 5 Meetings:
Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Hammond City Plan Commission
Department of Planning and Development
Hammond City Hall, Room G17
5925 Calumet Avenue
Hammond, IN 46320
Telephone Inquiries: (219) 853-6397 Ext. 3