What We Do
We Empty City Garbage Carts (when kitchen garbage is properly disposed of.)
- Garbage must be out the night before your day of pick-up.
- Garbage must be wrapped in plastic garbage bags and put in city garbage carts only.
- Carts must have only kitchen garbage in them and be less than 50 lbs.
- If the city cart is broken, call 853-6433 so we can check to see if we can fix it.
We pickup paper yard waste bags from curb for recycling.
- Every person must bag yard waste that is to be picked up.
- Yard waste bags must be 30 gallon, biodegradable, paper yard waste bags only. You can buy them at the hardware or grocery stores in bundles of five.
- Yard waste bags must be out the night before your garbage pick-up, and placed at the curb only.
- Yard waste bags cannot be broke open or too heavy to lift. They must be less than 50 lbs. and cannot have dirt, sod, paper, plastic, or anything that is not leaves, grass, plants, or twigs in them.
- We do take yard waste to be recycled, not to the landfill. The same garbage truck does not pick-up garbage and yard waste at the same time. The landfill will not let us mix yard waste with garbage.
- We pick-up yard waste on the same day as your garbage pick-up day beginning the first week of April through the last week of November, weather permitting.
Enter your address into our interactive map to find your scheduled pickup day.
Business Trash Pickup
Businesses and three or more apartments must get private dumpster service. Just give the water department a copy of your service contract or agreement so they can stop billing you for city pick-up. The city does not own dumpsters.
The Code Enforcement office at City Hall will send out citations for ordinance violations at the alley line. If garbage is on the ground, excessive, or if the alley line is a mess and there are improper containers (non-city garbage cans), residents will be cited.
Important Phone Numbers
- Code Enforcement’s telephone number is 853-6447 (alley problems).
- Sanitation Dept.’s telephone number is 853-6433 (garbage and/or yard waste pick-up and garbage carts).
- Street Dept’s telephone number is 853-6431 (misc. junk and branch pick-up).
Share this Page