Hammond Port Authority
Marina Maintenance Worker
September 12, 2023
$21.08 per hour, full-time
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the general upkeep, repair, installation and maintenance of the Port Authority’s facilities and equipment. These facilities include the docks, comfort stations, harbor pavilion, fuel dock, maintenance buildings, boats, other machinery, Pavilion, managed properties and all equipment and vehicles used by the Port Authority. In the “off” season and as directed during the boating season, the Maintenance Worker assumes maintenance responsibilities and security patrols as directed.
Must be available weekends, nights and all summer holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license in good standing and be insurable
- Five (5) years continuous maintenance experience
- Must have knowledge/experience of fuel docks & fuel dock regulations
- General knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment, with willingness to be trained in specific tasks
- Working knowledge of recreational boating, port authorities, and boat handling skills or the willingness to attend classes for said knowledge
- Must be comfortable around water
- Ability to relate to boaters and the general public in a professional manner
- Ability to utilize radio communications, both interoffice, and ship to shore
- Performs general maintenance throughout the Port Authority, including docks, bubbler system, winterization of water systems, general electrical repair and replacement, work boat maintenance, golf cart and motorized equipment, and all building general maintenance
- Installs and maintains all navigational aids in Port Authority waters. Maintains Port Authority waters in clean and safe condition
- Performs all docks and grounds functions as directed, including trash removal, janitorial and sanitation functions, snow removal, landscaping, etc.
- Performs security function as directed, primarily in the non-boating season
- Keeps maintenance areas and work areas in a clean and safe condition
- Prepares beach for summer use and winter storms
- Assists in special events at Marina and other Port sites
- Responds to storm events on a 24-hour basis and assists in securing boats and docks
- Other duties as assigned by Port Authority management