Marina Events Coordinator
March 15, 2023
$46,350.00 annually, full-time
- College degree and/or equivalent in experience
- Licensed to bartend and demonstrate ability to plan and coordinate all aspects of a banquet facility
- Ability to relate to customers, the general public and manage staff
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Ability to work with social media
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marina Coordinator is a full-time working supervisor responsible for the Clipper Room Banquet Facility, special events and promotions for the Hammond Marina. Marina Coordinator will also help to supervise ship store employees and store operations and will report to the Finance Director, Marina Director and Port Authority Director.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and managing all Clipper Room Functions. Works closely with clients in planning and the preparation of any event. Oversees set up and clean up. Orders all supplies and schedules all needed services for Clipper Room and Ship Store. Maintain a P&L annual spreadsheet.
- Follow all guidelines from Indiana Alcohol & Tobacco Commission.
- Plan and coordinate all special events and promotions for the Hammond Marina.
- Book talent and food vendors. Work with maintenance to ensure enough coverage for set up, garbage and clean up. Coordinate the marketing for all events. Send emails to marina slip holders.
- Responsible for the Hammond Port Authority & Hammond Marina Web page updates (with the exception of Lost Marsh & Wolf Lake Pavilion) and the Hammond Marina Facebook page and other social media.
- Design and prepare the Harbor One newsletter two (2) times per year.
- Prepare the Beach Grant contract and work with the Indiana Department of Environmental Management on the implementation of the Beach Water Testing Program. Prepare the monthly billing. Work with the water sample company to prepare for the actual testing. Review the corresponding paperwork with the lifeguards and oversee the daily reports. Routinely check the beach samples are being reported on the correct web site. Prepare the final beach water testing and overview of the season report and present the report to the Indiana Department of Environmental Management. Get reports for closures and tell all personnel involved for said closure.
- Organize and distribute all pertinent boater information to customers, including brochures, rates schedules, statements of account, applications for mooring, winter storage contracts, and other related materials. Maintain boater files and computer files. Process customer work orders and transmit same to Maintenance staff. Assist Office Administrator as directed.
- Help customers at front desk with boating information and slips. Process sales on Marina POS. Answer phones, emails and radios. May need to help at other Port Authority locations.
- Helps with daily close out of marina office and other Port Authority locations.
- Must work weekends, summer holidays & nights.
- Any additional duties as assigned by Port Authority Management.
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
Position will be posted internally from March 15, 2023 until March 21, 2023. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) working days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than ten (10) days.