Department: Inspection Department
Job Title: Inspector
Date Requested: February 23, 2021
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $46,013.00 annually - full time
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
To ensure compliance with ordinances and regulations pertaining to housing and maintenance of yard, alleys and structures within the City of Hammond
- Inspector will serve as a representative of city government, demonstrating the ability to work with citizens in a proactive manner to comply with local ordinances and to bring about successful resolution of observed violations focusing on education assistance and if necessary appropriate legal action.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with compassion and professionalism and interpret local ordinances and state codes.
- Ability and experience with window-based computer programs and demonstrate basic computer hardware and software proficiency.
- Must pass typing test with the ability to type 35 wpm prior to being interviewed.
- Ability to write English clearly and speak English fluently.
- Must be at least a high school graduate (or equivalent) with a demonstrated ability to read, write short memos/reports and communicate effectively.
- Construction trade experience and/or advanced education desired.
Position will be posted internally from February 23, 2021 until March 1, 2021. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than 10 working days.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.