Lost Marsh Golf Course
September 8, 2023
$21.08 per hour, full time
Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties at Lost Marsh Golf Course.
Must be available weekends, nights and all summer holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid CDL license
- Driver’s license in good standing and must be insurable
- Ability to take direction and do a variety of different tasks
- Must have basic knowledge of golf course grounds maintenance machinery
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work individually or with a team of co-workers
- Knowledge in effective cup setting and tee marker location procedures
- General golf knowledge
- Assist in all phases of grounds maintenance through the growing season
- Proper operation and care of all maintenance equipment for the various ground surfaces.
- Assist in any fertilizer applications when needed
- Properly maintain the sand bunkers on the golf course
- Assist with watering dry areas where needed
- Assist in repairing the irrigation system when needed
- Performs security function as directed, primarily in the off season
- Operate push mowers, riding mowers and weed eaters as directed
- Assists in special events at Lost Marsh or other Port sites
- Maintaining the conservatory plants and flowers
- Other duties as assigned by Golf Course Administrator or Port Authority Management
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
Position will be posted internally only from September 12, 2023 thru September 18, 2023. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than ten days.