Department: Hammond Police Department
Job Title: Custodian
Date Requested: April 19, 2021
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $13.00 per hour, part-time
- High school education preferred, but not required; related experience or training as a janitor; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s and to perform these operations using units of measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out cleaning instructions.
- Ability to hand clean equipment and machinery
- Integrity and ability to work independently on tasked cleaning duties
- Ability to pass Drug and Alcohol Screening, Background Check, Voice Stress Analysis and Psychological Examination.
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
Position will be posted internally only from April 19, 2021 until April 23, 2021. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than ten days.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.