Department: Public Works Department
Job Title: Craftsman - Park
Date Requested: March 26, 2021
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $11.00 per hour (starting pay) $20.07 per hour (after probationary period)
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to perform basic electrical repairs and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to perform basic furnace repairs
- Ability to perform basic carpentry skills
- Ability to operate electric and hand rotting machines
- Knowledge of pipe fitting tools, plumbing practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the layout of water mains
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to safely operate cutting torch/cutting tools for metal, concrete, wood, etc.
- Ability to inspect and maintain all park equipment and buildings
- Knowledge of pool operations (pumps, filtration and chlorination)
- Ability to physically & mentally operate miscellaneous machinery in shop & field
- Ability to lay out projects/decks, walls, framing
- Ability to frame for concrete/finish concrete, tuckpoint brick, ability to lay brick
- Skills in basic carpentry
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
Position will be posted internally from March 26, 2021 thru April 1, 2021. If the position is not filled internally it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than 10 days.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.