Department: Fire Department
Job Title: Civilian Inspector
Date Requested: November 12, 2020
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $53,500.00 annually
- Inspector will serve as a representative of city government, demonstrating the ability to work with citizens in a proactive manner to comply with local ordinances and to bring about successful resolution of observed violations focusing on education assistance and if necessary appropriate legal action.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with compassion and professionalism and interpret local ordinances and state codes.
- Ability and experience with window-based computer programs and demonstrate basic computer hardware and software proficiency, including the ability to type.
- Ability to write English clearly and speak English fluently.
- Must be at least a high school graduate (or equivalent) with a demonstrated ability to read, write short memos/reports and communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow directions in both verbal and written form.
- Availability for evening and weekend assignments; ability to be on call when needed.
- Construction trade experience and/or advanced education desired.
Position will be posted internally from November 12, 2020 until November 18, 2020. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than 10 working days.