Department: Public Works Department
Job Title: CDL Driver - Sanitation
Date Requested: March 26, 2021
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $11.00 per hour (starting pay) $20.07 per hour (after probationary period)
- Must have valid CDL license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to legally operate all departmental vehicles
- Able to perform basic maintenance of large trucks
- Knowledge of city streets and alleys
- Knowledge pf departmental operations and safety rules and regulations
- Required to join union in 30 days – probationary period is 90 days
- Will be on call for emergency weather conditions
Hiring will be done in accordance with Hammond City Ordinance #8620 as it pertains to the residency requirement.
Position will be posted internally from March 26, 2021 thru April 1, 2021. If the position is not filled internally it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than 10 days.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.