THE REDEVELOPMENT COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF HAMMOND, INDIANA is requesting proposals from experienced community development consultant firms or individual consultants to assist the City develop the planning documents necessary to receive a direct Entitlement Community designation from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and become a new grantee eligible to receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds.
The Scope of Services to be performed by the successful applicant(s) under a one (1) year contract for the following:
CONSOLIDATED ACTION PLAN:
- Develop 5-Year plan for the program year beginning 2017-21 program year in accordance with HUD requirements.
- Prepare a Consolidated Plan which addresses each required element pursuant to federal regulations, as well as Part 570 of Chapter 24 of
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Perform relevant consultations and data collection to complete the required HUD tables and the analysis of housing and non-housing needs.
- Prepare an Executive Summary for the Consolidated Plan and Action Plan
- Assist City staff to assess the existing community need as necessary to develop new strategies, goals, and priorities.
- Assist City staff with development of new strategies, objectives, priorities and programs for inclusion in the Consolidation Plan and Action Plan
- Develop and incorporate a performance measure component as required by HUD regulations.
- Conduct consultations with private agencies, public agencies and community groups as required.
The following information should be provided in the Proposal:
- A summary of the approach that will be used to perform the scope of work outlined above. Include a description of
- 1) the final product that will be provided and
- 2) a proposed work plan with a time line for each phase of the work plan.
- Brief explanation on the consultant firms ability to adhere to a strict timeline, which may be required to meet HUD submittal deadline date.
- A general description of your firm’s knowledge and experience in preparing Consolidated Plans, Annual Action Plans, Citizen
- Participation Plans, Analysis of Impediments, or other related planning documents.
- Identify all personnel that will be assigned to work on the project. Provide their qualifications, relevant experience and time they will be assigned to specific project tasks and the project overall.
- Provide a list of at least 3 public agencies, including the contact person’s name and a phone number, for which similar or relevant work products have been completed and ultimately approved by HUD within the last 4 years.
- The cost of fee structure for the proposed work
Selection of consultant by the Redevelopment Commission is not based on competitive bidding but on the firm’s professional qualifications, experience and expertise of key personnel to be assigned to the project.
The Redevelopment Commission reserves the right to reject any and all submittals and to award all or individual projects within the scope of work to comply with available funds.
Hammond residents preferred. Submit ten (10) copies of Statement of Qualification by 4:00 local time on October 18th, 2016, to the Redevelopment Commission c/o Owana J. Miller, Department of Planning and Development, 5925 Calumet Avenue, Suite #115, Hammond, IN 46320. All submittals must be sealed and clearly endorsed as “CONSOLIDATED PLAN CONSULTANT”.
The City of Hammond is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
By order of the Hammond Redevelopment Commission this 20th day of September 2016.
Tony Hauprich, President
Hammond Redevelopment Commission