Department: Hammond Sanitary District
Job Title: Pretreatment Technician I
Date Requested: March 14, 2019
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $38,000.00 – $40,000.00 full-time DOQ
- Must have valid Indiana driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have college degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have knowledge of wastewater sampling methodology and preservation techniques.
- Must have knowledge of wastewater sampling equipment including but not limited to ISCO automatic samplers, pH meters, Dissolved Oxygen Meters and Turbidity Meters including the care and calibration of said equipment.
- Must have knowledge of chemical analysis of wastewater samples using the appropriate EPA approved methodology.
- Must have knowledge of proper safety and personal protection measures in working around wastewater and laboratory chemicals.
- Must currently possess or willing to obtain Indiana Wastewater Operator License.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions,
- Must attend and comply with all HSD training courses.
- Set up automatic samplers at HSD’s industrial users according to schedule set by supervisor.
- Collect, preserve and transport samples with proper chain of custody to the HSD laboratory following proper EPA approved procedures.
- Take field pH and turbidity measurements of all samples collected.
- Conduct dissolve oxygen profiles of the wastewater treatment plant aeration tanks.
- Collect data from flowmeters at each industrial user.
- Help maintain automatic samplers at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Conduct analysis of samples brought into the laboratory utilizing HSD’s EPA approved methods including all necessary QA/QC.
- Enter all laboratory data into OPS in a timely fashion.
- Properly maintain the laboratory equipment and work area as prescribed by HSD’s EPA approved methods.
- Performs related duties as required
Climbing, lifting light loads not to exceed 50 pounds
Work is performed in and outside the building in all kinds of weather conditions with the possible exposure to various chemicals.
Position will be posted internally only from March 14, 2019 thru March 20, 2019. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than ten days.