Department: Hammond Sanitary District
Job Title: Pretreatment Assistant Coordinator
Date Requested: March 14, 2019
Date needed: ASAP
Salary: $45,000.02 – $49,999.82 full-time DOQ
- Must have valid Indiana driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must have college degree and 5 years’ experience in Pretreatment or 10 years’ experience in a Pretreatment related field.
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of 40 CFR 403 (EPA General Pretreatment Regulations).
- Must have computer experience and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook along with Hach OPS.
- Must have knowledge of wastewater sampling equipment including but not limited to ISCO automatic samplers, pH meters, dissolved oxygen meters and turbidity meters including the care and calibration of said equipment.
- Must have knowledge of proper safety and personal protection measures in working around wastewater and laboratory chemicals.
- Must currently possess an Indiana Wastewater Operator License.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to interpret data and compare to limitations.
- Must be able to calculate loadings, billings and significant noncompliance (SNC).
- Assist in the preparation and issuance of Industrial Discharge Permits.
- Receive and track all industrial monitoring data.
- Maintain the industrial user database in OPS.
- Maintain all Pretreatment files as required by EPA and IDEM.
- Assist in annual inspection of all industrial users.
- Assist in the issuance of Notices of Violations, Cease and Desist Orders or other enforcement actions.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to IDEM and EPA.
- Generate monthly usage invoices for all industrial users and customer communities.
- Generate annual permit fee invoices for all industrial users.
- Assist in communication of pertinent information between HSD, IDEM, EPA and the industrial users.
- Provide information and ad hoc reports as needed concerning the industrial users.
- Performs related duties as required
Climbing, lifting light loads not to exceed 25 pounds
Work is performed in and outside the building in all kinds of weather conditions with the possible exposure to various chemicals.
Position will be posted internally only from March 14, 2019 thru March 20, 2019. If the position is not filled internally, it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than ten days.