Department: Parks and Recreation Department
Date Requested: January 8, 2018
Date Needed: ASAP
Job Title: Ice Rink Guards – Pulaski Park
Salary: $8.00 per hour/part-time (depending on weather conditions)
Anticipated Work Hours:
9:00am – 9:00pm Monday-Friday when school not in session.
4:00pm – 9:00pm Monday-Friday when school in session.
9:00am – 9:00pm Saturday, Sundays, holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner
- Ability to work outside
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in extreme temperatures
- Ability to ice skate is preferred
- Ice hockey or skating experience or background preferred
- Responsible for opening and closing warming house at Pulaski Park ice rink
- Responsible for cleaning warming house, storage room, washrooms, and keeping them stocked and maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Responsible for clearing snow on sidewalks, from warming house to ice rink and around rink
- Responsible for clearing snow on ice rink surface and prepare ice for use
- Responsible for unlocking and locking gate to ice rink and warming house during posted times – depending on weather
- Responsible to supervise use of ice rink to ensure rink is used for ice skating or hockey purposes only and that rink is safe to use
- Responsible for helping to maintain the ice
The position will be posted from January 8, 2018 until January 23, 2018. If interested please complete City of Hammond employment application and submit completed application to the City of Hammond Personnel Office no later than January 23, 2018.