Marcus Morton Towle House229 Ogden Street
- Designated as Hammond’s first local landmark in July, 1984.
- Originally constructed in 1885 by Marcus M. Towle and designed as an elaborate Queen Anne style home with an “onion” dome roof on the side turret.
- Redesigned in 1907 to its current state as an imposing brick Free Classic style by prominent Hammond architect L. Cosby Bernard, Sr.
Glendale Park Historic District
Harrison Park Historic District
Indiana/Illinois State Line Boundary Marker103rd Street at Lake Michigan
- Multiple site local landmark consisting of the existing monument and a monument commemorating the original location prior to its relocation to the current site in 1988.
- Local landmark designated in August, 2003.
- One of the oldest extant structures in Northwest Indiana, constructed in 1838.
- The only known marker remaining from the original state line surveys, and one of few similar monuments remaining in the country.
- A significant example of early nineteenth-century monument design and craftsmanship in stone (limestone).
Northern States Life Insurance Office Building5935 Hohman Avenue
- Local landmark designated in July, 1985.
- Northern States Life Insurance Company constructed building in 1926.
- Purchased by Montessori Children’s Schoolhouse in 1984.
- All-limestone building built in the Neo-Classical architectural style incorporates fluted and modified corinthian columns and classical details.
- Magnificent interior detailing includes stained glass windows, brass, hand-wrought ironwork, marble, hand-made tile inlay floors, and beautifully decorated ceilings.