The Hammond Law Department represents the City of Hammond and cannot provide legal advice.
The Law Department’s duties include:
- Supervise Legal Affairs
- Serve as Legal Advisors to Various Departments
- Approve City Contracts
- Insure Legality and Form of City Contracts
- Evaluate and Determine Course of Action for Municipal Litigation
- Work with outside counsel
- Review Administration of Liability and Workman’s Compensation Self-~Insurance Programs
- Draft and Revise City Ordinances as Necessary
- Enforcement and Prosecution of City Ordinances.
- Provides Notice of Claim Forms
- Provides Freedom of Information Forms (FOIA)
No news for this department.
Share this Page