The responsibilities of the Streets Department are the maintenance of all streets and alleys within the City. The Street Dept. picks up miscellaneous junk and debris in alleys and parkways, branches, furniture, appliances, small amount of wood, plaster, shingles, cement and tires. We do not pick up sand, dirt, sod, large tree stumps and railroad ties.
We are also responsible for patching potholes in streets and alleys, plow, salt and sweep streets. We also install and replace street signs, fabricate all traffic signs, speed limit, stop signs, school zone, no parking and handicap signs.
- All trees cut down by contractors are responsible for removal of branches and debris.
- We do not pick up evictions, tenants have 48 hours to remove belongings and
- landlords must have all materials removed in 72 hours.
- We only pick up miscellaneous junk and debris if they have city garbage pick up.
- The Street Department assists all departments in emergencies.
- We accept handicap applications for approval.
No news for this department.
Share this Page